I have been trying to end my contract with this company for 6 weeks: first, they collected the bill for July 2015 and told me to send a letter asking to terminate the contract. Check, Check. Done. Then they told me that I could not pay because they needed to review my request to end the contract. They asked me to call back in a few days. Today I called back and they said "yes, we can terminate the contract, provided you pay for August 2015 and for a one year membership renewal that begings in August 2015". Wait what? -------- So I was left with no other choice than filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Here it goes:
Thank you for using the Better Business Bureau's Online Complaint System.
Your complaint has been assigned case # 89065514.
Correspondence regarding this complaint will be emailed to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please print a copy of this for your records.
Filed on : August 28 2015
Filed by :
2841 LA PRAIX ST
Highland CA 92346
Filed against :
7354 Stoney Creek Dr Ste 1
Highland CA 92346-6566
Been w them for 2 yrs. Trying 2 end contract for 6 weeks now. Today they tell me that before ending contract I must pay for a new year of membership. I have been a member for 2 years. My exspouse use to pay. I received an email that he is no longer paying so I contact them to proceed with ending the contract. They told me to pay for current month July 2015, and for another month August 2015. Today they tell me that I also have to pay for a new one-year membership before they end my contract. Manager Mike would not come to the phone to talk to me. Accounting only answers to customers one hour per day from 12 to 1pm, and at that time their phone is busy or accounting is busy and can't talk to clients. I just want to finish my membership with them. Pay them for the 2nd required month which is August 2015 and call it a day, but the staff won't go for it. With every call I make their is a new "charge" that they "forgot" to disclose during our first call.
Your Desired Resolution:
To pay for what they told me 6 weeks ago: current month (July 2015, which I already paid), and for the 2nd required month (August 2015). I do not understand the reason behing paying for one more year of membership if what I want to do is end such membership.
This case will be reviewed by a complaint specialist at the Better Business Bureau, and then forwarded to the business for their response. It is our policy to allow the business 30 working days to respond to your complaint. You will be notified when the business has responded.
What would you like to do next?
View the status of your complaint
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Scam to collect extra money
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Fitness 19 Cancellation Policy
- Review category
- Fitness Centers
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "If you are a member, or are considering becoming a member at LA Fitness, reconsider, especially in Gresham, Oregon. For the past several months, complaints have been made and..."
- "I just bought the program T25 and Shakeology and I was super happy. Doing my exercises which help me a lot with my diabetes. The problem is that my second..."
- "This company hires part time High School and College students to slander and libel others when all along they are the culprits in a game about sports promotions. they use..."
- "I ordered 3 items. I received the coffe cup fairly quickly, and the dog trainer bracelet approximately a week later. My 3rd item was a pair of black leggings with..."
- "Zazzle - you can take the order, promise the due date of the order BUT - you don't do what you say you will do and to make matters worse..."
- "Order flowers all the time for the Villages. Wanted to try a local florist, so I called AVAS and ordered flowers over the phone. Mike suggested a vase with an..."
- "My father went in one day to get his truck's tires aligned and the truck was dropped. Not only were there external damages, but also internal. They had promised him..."
- "I googled "what's the fastest way to get my US passport?" USPASSPORT123.COM popped up, The website name is misleading, they make it sound like they are a Government Agency. I..."