Fitness 19 - Impossible to end my contract with them!

I have been trying to end my contract with this company for 6 weeks: first, they collected the bill for July 2015 and told me to send a letter asking to terminate the contract. Check, Check. Done. Then they told me that I could not pay because they needed to review my request to end the contract. They asked me to call back in a few days. Today I called back and they said "yes, we can terminate the contract, provided you pay for August 2015 and for a one year membership renewal that begings in August 2015". Wait what? -------- So I was left with no other choice than filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Here it goes:

Thank you for using the Better Business Bureau's Online Complaint System.

Your complaint has been assigned case # 89065514.

Correspondence regarding this complaint will be emailed to :

Please print a copy of this for your records.

Filed on : August 28 2015

Filed by :

Highland CA 92346

Filed against :

Fitness 19

7354 Stoney Creek Dr Ste 1

Highland CA 92346-6566

Complaint Description:

Been w them for 2 yrs. Trying 2 end contract for 6 weeks now. Today they tell me that before ending contract I must pay for a new year of membership. I have been a member for 2 years. My exspouse use to pay. I received an email that he is no longer paying so I contact them to proceed with ending the contract. They told me to pay for current month July 2015, and for another month August 2015. Today they tell me that I also have to pay for a new one-year membership before they end my contract. Manager Mike would not come to the phone to talk to me. Accounting only answers to customers one hour per day from 12 to 1pm, and at that time their phone is busy or accounting is busy and can't talk to clients. I just want to finish my membership with them. Pay them for the 2nd required month which is August 2015 and call it a day, but the staff won't go for it. With every call I make their is a new "charge" that they "forgot" to disclose during our first call.

Your Desired Resolution:

To pay for what they told me 6 weeks ago: current month (July 2015, which I already paid), and for the 2nd required month (August 2015). I do not understand the reason behing paying for one more year of membership if what I want to do is end such membership.

This case will be reviewed by a complaint specialist at the Better Business Bureau, and then forwarded to the business for their response. It is our policy to allow the business 30 working days to respond to your complaint. You will be notified when the business has responded.

What would you like to do next?

View the status of your complaint

Return to the BBB Homepage BBB Privacy Policy

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Scam to collect extra money

Reason of review:
Fitness 19 Cancellation Policy
Review category
Fitness Centers
review #690937

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Fitness 19? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Sep 12 #1211790 New York, New York

interesting that no planet fitness employee has chosen to comment on this. probably because they are legit and followed the insane agreement regulations? you guys are crazy and delusional. makes me wanna stay away forever and warn all my friends to NEVER step foot in a PF.

1 1 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Fitness 19. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Fitness 19.
Filing a new complaint about